Host controls allow you as the host to control various aspects of the Zoom Meeting, such as managing the participants.
The co-host feature allows the host to share hosting privileges with another user, allowing the co-host to manage the administrative side of the meeting, such as managing participants or starting/stopping the recording. The host must assign a co-host. There is no limitation on the number of co-hosts you can have in a meeting or webinar.
Co-hosts do not have access to the following controls as they are only available as host controls in a meeting:
- Start closed captioning and assign someone or a third-party to provide closed captioning
- Start live streaming
- End meeting for all participants
- Make another participant a co-host
- Start breakout rooms or move participants from one breakout room to another
- Start waiting room (co-hosts can place participants in waiting room or admit/remove participants from the waiting room)
Co-hosts also cannot start a meeting. If a host needs someone else to be able to start the meeting, they can assign an alternative host.
- Host permission in the meeting, or co-host permission (set by the host)
- Zoom desktop client for Mac, PC, or Linux
- Zoom mobile app for iOS or Android
The host controls will appear at the bottom of your screen if you are not currently screen sharing.
Mute/Unmute: This allows you to mute or unmute your microphone.
- Audio Controls (click ^ next to Mute/Unmute): The audio controls allow you to change the microphone and speaker that Zoom is currently using on your computer, leave computer audio, and access the full audio options in the Zoom settings.
Start/Stop Video: This allows you to start or stop your own video.
- Video controls (click ^ next to Start/Stop Video): If you have multiple cameras on your computer, you can select which Zoom is using, access the full video controls, and select a Virtual Background.
- Invite: Invite others to join your meeting.
- Manage Participants: Opens the Participants window.
- Polling: Allows you to create, edit, and launch your polls. The options to create or launch polls will open up the Zoom web portal in your default browser.
- Share Screen: Start sharing your screen. You will be able to select the desktop or application you want to share.
Screen Share controls (click ^ next to Share Screen): Select who can share in your meeting and if you want only the host or any participant to be able to start a new share when someone is sharing.
- Chat: Access the chat window to chat with the participants.
- Record: Start or stop a cloud or local recording.
- Closed Caption (only available to the host): If you have enabled closed captioning for your account, click here to access the closed caption options.
- Breakout Rooms (only available to the host): Start breakout rooms.
- More: Clicking on More will give you access to additional options.
- End Meeting (only available to the host): This will end the meeting for all participants. If you want to have the meeting continue, you should give another participant host control before leaving the meeting.
When you are screen sharing, the controls will appear at the top of your screen, but you can drag it to another location. Learn more about screen share controls.