Please click the link below for instructions on how to join a meeting and configure audio and video settings.
- Microphone, such as the built in microphone, a USB microphone or an inline microphone on headphones
- Speaker or headphones
Testing Audio Before Joining a Meeting
If you haven't enabled the setting to automatically join by computer audio, you can test your speaker and microphone before joining a meeting:
- Use one of the methods to join a meeting.
- Click Test speaker and microphone.
- The meeting will display a pop-up window to test your speakers. If you don't hear the ringtone, use the drop-down menu or click No to switch speakers until you hear the ringtone. Click Yes to continue to the microphone test.
- If you don't hear an audio replay, use the drop-down menu or click No to switch microphones until you hear the reply. Click Yes when you hear the replay.
- Click Join with Computer Audio.
- Click Join with Computer Audio to join the test meeting with the selected microphone and speakers.
Testing Audio Using Audio Settings
To test your audio, navigate to your audio settings before or during a meeting:
Before a meeting
- Log in to the Zoom client.
- Click your profile picture then click Settings.
- Click the Audio tab.
- Follow the sections below to test your speaker or microphone.
During a Meeting
You can access your audio settings and test your audio when you are already in a meeting.
- In the meeting controls, click the arrow next to Mute/Unmute.
- Click Audio Options. This will open your audio settings.
Testing your Speaker
- Click Test Speaker to play a test tone.
- If you cannot hear it, select a different speaker from the menu or adjust the Volume.
Testing your Microphone
- In the Microphone section, you will see the green Input Level bar move when Zoom is picking up audio.
- Click Test Mic to test your microphone.
- Your audio will start recording. Click Recording when you are done and it will play back. You can select another microphone from the menu or adjust the input level.
- Check Automatically adjust microphone settings if you want Zoom to adjust the input volume automatically.